Monday, September 21, 2009

Day 5: Taking Advantage of Free Stuff

You don't always have to work to find ways to save pennies; sometimes you just stumble upon them!

Take advantage of free opportunities. My work is switching from making our own waffles to using frozen waffles. I think it stinks for the customers but it is good for me! I got two free bags of waffle/pancake mix. I am going to make a bunch of waffles on my day off and freeze them for future mornings. (Thanks for the idea Melissa!)

Not everyone will stumble on a waffle/pancake prize but there are hidden opportunities to snag free stuff sometimes.

3 comments:

  1. waffles, waffles! whoop, whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and I just gotta say, I got a new car seat for $25 today! A good one, too - not actually a cheap-o one! ...thought you'd appreciate that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coolio. The housing complex where Erin works has a table in the community room where people put giveaway stuff. We get a lot of good stuff (food, clothes, furniture) that way!

    ReplyDelete