Monday, September 28, 2009

Day 11-12: A Family Affair

I have one of those families. You know the ones I'm talking about; the loud, in your life, tons of cousins, always together type of families. When my husband first started coming to family events when we still dating he described my family as the "Big Fat Greek Wedding" type of family. Ironically his was very much like the Millers and he is, in fact, a Miller.

This fact can sometimes be an overwhelming thing but having family around can help save money. Many coupons only give you the discount if you buy so many of a given item. My husband and I will probably not use three packages of toothpaste anytime soon, but we can go in on the deal with family and make it cheaper for everyone.

Eating together is another way to save. Making one dish and bringing it over to your parent's/aunt's/cousin's house is a lot easier than making the whole meal. There are certain dishes that I love to make that don't freeze well and feed way more than just the two of us. I get to make my dish and enjoy the company of others.

Even if you don't live near family you can still pitch in with friends on cheap and easy meals. You get to socialize without breaking the bank.

-Mommy Cori

1 comment:

  1. That is Erin's family. Our 1st Xmas together was overwhelming. I didn't know you could fit 50 people in his grandpa's living room!

    ReplyDelete